Skin Glows With Grapes
The grape makes for a good analogy regarding our skin health. When young and healthy, it’s moisturized and vibrant. With age, wrinkles can make a person’s skin look more like a raisin. That’s why moisture and circulation are so important to reduce the impact of aging. With time, skin begins to lose its elasticity and moisture. Prepare packs made of grapes to combat skin problems, says an expert.
Navin Taneja, director of the National Skin Centre in India, shares the benefits of the fruit:
- As normal skin care treatment, grapes are good to reduce acne.
- The fruit’s seeds help to strengthen blood vessels and enhance skin elasticity.
- Grape seed oil is rich in moisturizing content and also provides Vitamin C and E to the skin.
He also shares tips on how to prepare face packs:
- Grapes can be mashed and applied as a facial mask, which helps in peeling off the dead skin cells. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off.
- People with oily skin should mash black grapes with some oil absorbent like multani mitti (Fuller’s earth). To make it in paste form, mix it well with drops of rose water in it. Let it stay for 15 minutes on your face and then rinse it off.
- Dry skin people can take mashed black grapes, avocado pulp and mix them with two teaspoons of honey and rose water. Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off your face.
To find out more about the importance of facials and natural skin care products, please contact Skin Care Plus. We use and recommend the best natural and organic skin care products available. We also offer other skin care treatments that can help with anti-aging and overall skin health, including the best facial in the greater Chicago area, including Batavia, Geneva, and St. Charles.